Tips for Storing in Non-Climate Controlled Units
· Make sure all items are clean and DRY
when they are moved in to the unit. ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD OR LIQUIDS ALLOWED IN UNIT AT ANY TIME!
· It is highly recommended that you carefully seal all wood and upholstered furniture in plastic wrap or shrink wrap to protect it from the elements. Use masking tape to hold the plastic in place, taking care not to let it adhere to the furniture. This has the added bonus of shielding your furniture against wood burrowing insects and vermin too!
· Keep upholstered furniture and other cloth items off the floor of the storage unit to guard against moisture.
· Store electronics and televisions in their original packaging. Wrap cords in bubble wrap and store them along with electronic devices in the original packaging. Fill empty spaces in each box with bubble wrap or foam peanuts to provide a barrier between the electronic device and other stored items.
· Keep electronics off the floor of the storage unit to guard against moisture.
· We highly recommend that you utilize a product such as Damp Rid to reduce and absorb moisture in the unit.
* *We do not cover damage to your belongings, that is what Tenant Protection for**